North Central College Promotes Drury Awards
North Central College and its radio station WONC(FM) in Naperville, Ill., are issuing a call for entries in the 11th Annual John Drury High School Radio Awards.
The awards recognize broadcast excellence at high school radio stations. They are named in honor of Chicago newscaster John Drury, longtime anchor for WGN(TV) and WLS(TV), and multiple Emmy Award winner. He will be honored as well at the awards ceremony, May 3, 2014.
WONC(FM) has received 20 Marconi College Radio Awards. With its three stereo studios, WONC broadcasts 24 hours of news, sports, traffic, music and public affairs programming daily.
Any high school radio station can submit entries in the following categories:
• Best Newscast
• Best News Feature Story
• Best Sportscast
• Best Sports Play-by-Play
• Best Public Affairs Program
• Best Promo
• Best PSA
• Best Radio Drama — Original
• Best Radio Drama — Adaptation
• Best Radio Station Adviser (based on a 500-word essay and three supporting letters)
• Best High School Radio Station (awarded to the station with the highest ratings in the above categories)
Eligible entries must have aired between May 21, 2012 and Oct. 31, 2013. Each entry costs $10 and should be burned to one CD per category and must be mailed by Nov. 1.
Send questions to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or call 630-637-5960.