WASHINGTON � Recipients of the 2016 Catherine Forster Public Service Award were recently announced by the Federal Communications Commission, honoring six commission employees who are being recognized for their service to the public in their day-to-day responsibilities and beyond.
This year�s Catherine Forster Public Service Award winners were:
- Kristi F. Thornton, associate division chief, Consumers Policy Division of the Consumer and Governmental Affairs Bureau
- Sharon Lee, deputy division chief, Telecommunications Consumers Division of the Enforcement Bureau
- Dorann Bunkin, chief policy counsel, Video Division of the Media Bureau
- William S. Hurst, chief, Technical Research Branch, Laboratory Division of the Office of Engineering and Technology
- Patrick J. Carney, assistant general counsel, Administrative Law Division of the Office of General Counsel
- John P. Skudlarek, deputy chief information officer-management, Information Technology Center
�This is what public service is all about,� said FCC Chairman Tom Wheeler at the event honoring the recipients. �It�s not a job. It�s a responsibility. These individuals have not only embraced that responsibility, they have excelled at it.�
The FCC has handed out a public service award since 1990. It was renamed the Catherine Forster Public Service Award in 1992 for the late Catherine Forster, who had served with the FCC since 1971.
� Radio World