WASHINGTON� The National Association of Broadcasters Education Foundation has announced apprenticeship placements for its 2015 Technology Apprenticeship Program.
- �Deron Anthony, KTVT, CBS Channel 11, CBS Corporation, Ft. Worth, Texas
- �Hannah Boggs, WSYX(TV), ABC 6, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Columbus, Ohio
- �Sara Brown, WKCI(FM), iHeartMedia, Inc., New Haven, Conn.
- �David Jones, ION Television, ION Media Networks, Clearwater, Fla.
- �Kevin O�Connor, WSB(TV), Cox Media Group, Atlanta
- �Jessica Stroud, KDGE(FM), iHeartMedia, Inc., Dallas
- �Arthur Strode, Jr., WFAA, ABC, Channel 8, TEGNA Media, Dallas
- �Junta Tokunaga, KGMB(TV), CBS, Raycom Media, Honolulu
TAPis a six-month, hands-on training program that exposes graduates and professionals that to the broadcast industry. It also includes a two-month apprenticeship, and participants also visit an industry manufacturer for customized training, learn about broadcast trends and network with potential employers at NAB Show. They also have the option of becoming a Certified Broadcast Technologist. The program concludes with a weeklong workshop at NAB headquarters in DC., where participants will prepare and host a webcast on cloud-based broadcasting.
�The TAP program helps fulfill the growing need for technology and engineering talent in the broadcast industry,� said NABEF President Marcellus Alexander. �We areproud to provide participants with the experiences necessary to flourish in this innovative and evolving space.�
Sponsors of the 2015 program include Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., ION Media Networks, Inc. and Bitcentral, Inc.�