The Society of Broadcast Engineers has announced the schedule for the SBE Ennes Workshop at the 2017 NAB Show.
The educational program’s 23rd edition will begin April 22, at 9 a.m. at the Las Vegas Convention Center. In order to attend, engineers must either prove NAB Show registration, PBS Techcon or Association of Public Radio Engineers Conference registration and badge(s). The SBE notes that its members can register for NAB Show at a discount.
Some of this year’s sessions include:
- 10–10:15 a.m. — “SBE Executive Director’s Remarks”; presenter: John Poray; executive director, SBE
- 10:15–10:55 a.m. — “Sinclair’s 3.0 Vision — The Future of Broadcasting”; presenter: Mark Aiken, Sinclair Broadcast Group VP, Advanced Technology
- 10:55–11:35 a.m. — “Tutorial: IP – Are we ready for it? — And it for us?”; presenter: Stan Moote; CTO, IABM
- 11:35 a.m.–12:10 p.m. — “The Origins of Our Digital Universe”; presenter: Jon D. Paul, vice president and founder, Scientific Conversion Inc.
- 1:50–2:20 p.m. — “Discovery and Registration in Networked Professional Media Facilities — A Key Enabling Technology”; presenter: Brad Gilmer, principal, Gilmer & Associates
- 3:55–4:25 p.m. — “The Evolution of Playout: Virtualization and the Cloud”; presenter: Eric F. Pohl; CTO, National TeleConsultants LLC
- 5–5:30 p.m. — “The VOA Museum”; presenter: Jay Adrick
The full schedule and more information is available online.