33 1/3 Things You Forgot
Apr 28, 2008 11:16 AM
Designing a new facility?� Planning an installation?� Here is a simple list of 33 facts (and some details) about audio wire and cable, with a bit about connectors, tools, ties and related items.�
If you know them already, you’re good to go.� If there are any you don’t know, maybe you can avoid a problem or needless expense!
Things attendees will learn:
- When to use analog cable.
- When to use digital cable
- Can you use digital cable for analog?� Analog cable for digital?
- Can you use unshielded CAT-5 (-5e, -6, -6a) for audio?� Analog audio? Digital audio?
- How do you choose microphone cable?
- What’s starquad mic cable?� How does it work?
- What about Ethernet running multiple channels of audio?
Multimedia Technology Manager
BeldenSteve Lampen has worked for Belden for seventeen years and currently is Multimedia Technology Manager. Prior to Belden, Steve had an extensive career in radio broadcast engineering and installation, film production, and electronic distribution. Steve holds an FCC Lifetime General License (formerly a First Class FCC License) and is an SBE Certified Radio Broadcast Engineer. On the data side he is a BICSI Registered Communication Distribution Designer. His latest book, “The Audio-Video Cable Installer’s Pocket Guide” is published by McGraw-Hill.Register now for this informative live webinar
Wed, May 14, 2008
12:00 PM ET /
9:00 AM PT