Audio and video distribution via wireless broadband is among the topics of this fall’s annual IEEE Broadcast Symposium, which is in its 54th year. Also to be discussed is the “repacking” of the U.S. TV band as part of the DTV transition.
The event is held at the Hotel Washington, Oct. 13-15, by the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Broadcast Technology Society. A discount applies if you register by Sept. 12.
Events include a joint luncheon of the IEEE and the Association of Federal Communications Consulting Engineers, and an awards luncheon.
Thirty papers will be presented at seven technical sessions, which are:
– Video and Audio Distribution via Wireless Broadband
– Broadcasting and Wireless Broadband: Convergence or Collision?
– TV Band Repacking for DTV
– Broadcast Antenna Technology
– Digital Radio Broadcast Systems
– Digital Television Systems
– DTV Interference and Reception Issues
Details are at www.ieee.org/btsymposium.