Play.it is available online and through a mobile-optimized site for streaming across devices.
“With the launch of Play.it, we aim to bring consumers a unified, easy-to-use platform featuring the best podcasts from not only CBS brands but other major brands, personalities and publishers, as well,” said Ezra Kucharz, president of CBS Local Digital Media.
Podcasts are available to stream or download and Play.it series are also available across CBS Local Digital Media’s properties and are distributed across TuneIn’s site and apps, as well as on iTunes. The Play.it podcast network will also be available on CBS Radio’s HD Radio stations in select markets.
Its offerings and contributors include:
- News & Information: CBS News programs “48 Hours” and “60 Minutes,” “Vox Podcast with Ezra Klein,” and Foursquare CEO Dennis Crowley
- Sports: “Tailgate Fan: The Podcast,” CBS Sports Radio, Impact Wrestling analyst and three-time world champion Taz
- Entertainment & Lifestyle: Danny Bonaduce, “Man Cast Weekly,” Robert Wuhl, “Parenting Bytes” with family tech expert Rebecca Levey, Simon & Schuster’s “XOXO After Dark” and “Read Before Eating,” and home improvement icon Bob Vila>
- Comedy: Comedians Robert King and Michael Blaustein
- Health & Wellness: Dr. Michael Breus, Zhena’s Gypsy Tea founder and Simon & Schuster author Zhena Muzyka, world renowned fitness trainer and motivator Shaun T, and motivational and inspirational speaker Rolonda Watts
- Business: “All Business with Jeffrey Hayzlett,” “UnPodcast” with Scott Stratten & Alison Kramer, and technology with The Metropolitan Museum of Art’s Chief Digital Officer Sree Sreenivasan
- Society & Culture: “Real Housewives of New York” star Sonja Morgan, Chef Pace Webb
Play.it also features content from CBS Radio programs, including: KROQ’s “The Kevin & Bean Show,” WJFK’s “The Junkies,” KAMP’s “Mornings with Carson Daly,” WFAN’s “The Mike Francesa Show” and “Boomer & Carton” along with WCBS’s “CEO Radio with Ray Hoffman.”
Play.it is advertising supported and uses dynamic ad insertion technology, as well as native and sponsorship advertising. Brands will be able to buy campaigns across platforms in a one-stop-shop manner and will be able to deliver targeted messaging.