The Colorado Broadcasters Association hosted its annual Awards of Excellence Gala at the Denver Marriott Tech Center on March 11.
More than 1,000 entries were submitted to the awards categories (557 in radio, 574 in television).
Additionally, the CBA recognizes “Stations of the Year” with a point system that determines winners in each market size, based on the number of awards (first place) and certificates (second place) won by each station. The 2016 winners are:
- Medium Market: KVAY(FM), Lamar
- Major Market: KUAD(FM), Fort Collins
- Metro Denver: KRFX(FM), Denver
- Non-Metr KOAA(TV), Colorado Springs
- Metro Denver: KUSA(TV), Denver
National Association of Broadcasters President/CEO Gordon Smith delivered the keynote address.