The Council for Research Excellence has added eight new members to its independent research group.
The new members are:
● Joseph Abbruzo, executive vice president, chief exploration officer, Havas Media
● Kathleen Bohan, executive vice president, Local Research, Univision Communications Inc.
● Buzz Knight, vice president, Program Development, Greater Media
● Tony Marinaro, corporate director of Research, LIN Media
● Andy Rainey, senior vice president and partner, Research, Radio Advertising Bureau
● Stacey Schulman, executive vice president, Strategy, Analytics and Research, Katz Media Group
● Howard Shimmel, senior vice president, Advertising Sales and Research, Turner Broadcasting
● Susie Thomas, senior vice president and partner, Research, Universal McCann.
The Council for Research Excellence was created and is funded by Nielsen. According to a release, the CRE is dedicated to advancing the knowledge and practice of audience measurement methodology and comprises senior-level industry researchers representing advertisers, agencies, broadcast networks, cable, syndicators, local stations and industry associations.