Detroit-based media research and consulting firm Jacobs Media has opened registration for Techsurvey 2019, and radio stations can sign up to participate now through Dec. 21.
In 2018, more than 560 North American stations and 64,000 individuals took the survey. That number was significantly up from 2017, when “321 North American radio stations, representing 14 formats, contributed more than 50,000 respondents,” according to last year’s announcement.
The 2019 edition of the survey will parse media usage and tech trends, which will enable broadcasters to compare the results to those of the past 14 years of surveys. Techsurvey 2019 will also delve more deeply into issues such as:
- Generational differences in behavior and media choice
- Smart speakers and “the voice revolution”
- Social media growth and how stations can best participate in this space
- Internet radio (station streams and subscription streaming services)
- Video games
- Connected/autonomous cars and “smart mobility”
- Mobile phone, tablet and app growth
- Cord-cutting mindset and entertainment customization
- New music discovery methods
Stations can opt to either pay a fee based on market size for full customized data or free participation in the results webinar and access to national data.
Techsurvey 2019 results will be unveiled March 28 at the Worldwide Radio Summit in Burbank, Calif.