The Radio Television Digital News Foundation has selected 11 journalists from all across the country to travel to Germany this fall as fellows with the RIAS Berlin Kommission. Part of RTDNF’s 22-year relationship with RIAS, the 2015 German/American Journalist Exchange Program runs from late Sept. through mid-October.
The 11 journalists are:
● Natalie Angley, producer, CNN, Atlanta
● Steve Baragona, science correspondent, VOA, Washington
● Ryan Burrow, anchor/reporter, WGN Radio and ABC News Radio, Chicago
● Wilma Consul, news editor/reporter, NPR, Washington
● Ben Kaiser, news manager, CNN Newsource, Atlanta
● Euna Lhee, science/business reporter, Deutsche Welle, Berlin
● Allison MacDonald, producer, MSNBC, New York
● Irene Noguchi, producer, KQED Public Radio, San Francisco
● Katie Orr, state government reporter, Capital Public Radio, Sacramento, Calif.
● Hilary Powell, reporter/producer, Lakeshore Public Media, Merrillville, Ind.
● Maya Rodriguez, reporter, 9News, Denver
The program will include briefings with top-level German political, business and media figures in Berlin, discussion with municipal officers in Dresden, Germany, visits with international journalists in Prague, and meetings at the EU and NATO in Brussels.