The Minority Media and Telecommunications Council has announced details for its 25th anniversary Access to Capital and Telecom Policy Conference.
The conference is an annual gathering that “celebrates corporations, organizations and individuals who have promoted diversity in the telecom industry or worked to close the digital divide.” Participants are reported to include entrepreneurs, senior managers, bankers, venture capitalists, brokers and attorneys as well as dignitaries from the White House, Congress, the Department of Commerce and the FCC.
Numerous figures in the industry are scheduled to speak, including:
- Hon. Robert McDowell - Commissioner, Federal Communications Commission
- Marc Morial - President, National Urban League; Chair, Broadband Opportunity Coalition
- Lewis W. Dickey - Chairman, President, and CEO, Cumulus Media
- Walter McCormick - President and CEO, US Telecom - The Broadband Association
- Bret Perkins - Vice President for External and Government Affairs, Comcast
The conference will also feature its inaugural Corporate Diversity Leadership Award, being presented to Radio One and the Spanish Broadcasting System.
The gathering will be held in Washington, D.C. at the Westin Georgetown Hotel, July 20–21. Registration and information is available online.