NAB Show has announced the 10 companies invited to participate in Sprockit, a new program that will provide a platform for emerging companies to display, and hopefully advance, their products and services, scheduled for April 6–11 in Las Vegas.
Tapped because of their technological advancements and potential to have an impact on the media and entertainment industry, the chosen companies explore possibilities for content creation, management and delivery. Here they are:
• FlixMaster is a cloud-based, interactive video-building platform that powers online storytelling, e-commerce and e-learning
• NewsiT is a mobile and social platform that vets and verifies crowd-sourced content and posts from social media in real time
• SnappyTV is a live, cloud video editing platform used to stream, edit and distribute clips and highlight reels from live TV and web streams to Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, OVPs and second screen audiences
• Collectiveundefined is a data network with technology to convert sales, marketing and consumer data into revenue and insights
• Localytics is a provider of closed-loop mobile marketing and analytics solutions helping app publishers maximize user engagement, lifetime value and loyalty.
• Standard Media Index tracks and aggregates real time media spend data so stakeholders better understand actual dollars going to vendors
• Everloop provides an age-appropriate social media experience for kids through customized micronetworks that safely connect appropriate content, services, applications and experiences
• Shelby.tv is a community for video discovery, enabling users to watch personally curated channels and create a personalized “TV” to share
• Tivli brings live streaming television and TV Everywhere initiatives like HBO GO to college students on their terms
• The Whistle is a sports media destination and community for kids, distributing pro and local sports on TV, VOD, mobile, Internet and gaming
Sprockit includes a live presentation stage, panel discussions with industry leaders and opportunities to meet with executives. The startups will also be highlighted within sessions like Turner Broadcasting’s “Start-Ups: Powering the Media Metamorphosis” on Monday, April 8.
“Products and services from Sprockit companies are not just concepts, but industry-changing innovations that are positioned to disrupt the way we operate in this industry,” said Harry M. Glazer, founder and CEO of World Series of Start-Ups, LLC and the creator, director and co-producer of the new program. “Sprockit is hosted at NAB Show to give these companies access to industry decision-makers to forge partnerships that will shape the future of media and entertainment.”