At the first IAB Podcast Upfront Showcase, CBS Radio and CBS Local Digital Media announced several new podcasts on the Play.it podcast network.
New Play.it podcasts available now and coming soon include:
● “Cosmo Happy Hour” — Hosted by Elisa Benson of Cosmopolitan.com, editors along with celebrity guests discuss pop culture, sex and fashion in a weekly roundtable
● “The Tom Green Radio Show” — A weekly one-hour broadcast from the comedian
● “The Brouhaha with Ana Marie Cox” — A political show that examines and policy stories hosted by Wonkette founder Ana Marie Cox
● “Rap Radar” — A hip-hop-oriented website connects with hip-hop voices in this podcast series, currently the number one-rated iTunes music podcast
● “The Jason Fitz Show” — Football, comedy and entertainment are the subject
● “The Global Travel Conspiracy” — Gary Arndt, who has been traveling nonstop since 2007 and visited more than 100 countries across all continents, shares his stories from the road
● “The Grill” — Sharon Waxman, founder and CEO of The Wrap, grills celebrities and industry leaders on entertainment and media topics of the day. “The Grill” will launch soon
“Consumers expect to get the content they want, when they want it across multiple platforms and this power of choice is resulting in more demand and more consumption of audio content than ever before,” said President of CBS Local Digital Media Ezra Kucharz. “Our goal with Play.it is to meet this growing demand and bring a diverse stable of high quality audio content to wherever consumers are.”
In the eight months since its launch, it has racked up more than 15 million monthly listens across CBS Local Digital Media’s properties, partner sites and apps, according to a release.
Play.it offers more than podcasts including more than 90 digital-exclusive programs from major brands and publishers across every major category, including news and information, sports, entertainment, lifestyle, comedy, health and wellness, business and culture, as well as content from CBS Radio shows on demand.