Registration is now open for the Multicultural Media, Telecom and Internet Council’s 8th Annual Broadband and Social Justice Summit, taking place on Feb. 7 in Washington.
The summit features events like the FinTech Empowerment Forum, a focused discussion on how the social-economic gaps in minority and low-income communities can be bridged with access to new technologies; talks on consumer issues such as privacy; speaking sessions from current and former FCC commissioners, chairs, and members of Congress as well as town hall discussion on the potential impacts digital and economic equity could have under the incoming President-Elect, Donald Trump.
Featured speakers include:
· Ajit Pai, Commissioner, Federal Communications Commission
· Marc H. Morial President & CEO, National Urban League
· Kim Keenan, President and CEO, MMTC
· Debra Berlyn, President, Consumer Policy Solutions; Executive Director, Project GOAL
· Hon. Reed Hundt, Former Chairman of the Federal Communications Commission
· Hon. Michael J. Copps, Former Chairman, Federal Communications Commission
· Hon. Richard Wiley, Former Chairman Federal Communications Commission
· Rosa Mendoza, Executive Director, Hispanic Technology and Telecommunications Partnership
· Hilary Shelton, Director, Washington Bureau, NAACP; SVP, Advocacy and Policy, NAACP
A full list of speakers and events, along with the day’s schedule, can be seen here. The 8th Annual Broadband and Social Justice Summit will be held at the Westin Georgetown Hotel.