The Radio Television Digital News Association has elected nine journalists to serve on its board of directors. Three first-time board members were elected, while five were re-elected; and just for the second time since RTDNA’s founding, a person has been elected to the position of chair-elect.
The new chair-elect is Vincent Duffy, news director, Michigan Radio. Duffy’s appointment to chair-elect is a three-year cycle on the executive committee that will see him become the chair of the RTDNA in the second year, and chair of Radio Television Digital News Foundation in the third and final year. Duffy previously served as chairman of the association, as well as regional representative and director-at-large. He will also be the executive producer of RTDNA’s Excellence in Journalism 2016 convention in New Orleans.
Two new executive committee members will also receive new roles this year. Amy Tardif, station manager and news director for WGCU(FM) in Fort Myers, Fla., will complete her three-year leadership cycle on the executive committee as the chair of RTDNF for 2015–16. Kathy Walker, news director, KOA(AM) in Denver, will serve as the 68th chair of RTDNA.
Here are the other recently elected members to the board:
● Erica Hill, News Director, KCPQ(TV), Seattle — elected to a two-year term for Region 1 (Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon and Washington state)
● Brandon Mercer, Executive Producer, SFGate — re-elected for Region 2 (California, Hawaii and Nevada)
● Jam Sardar, News Director, WLNS(TV), Lansing, Mich. — re-elected to two-year term for Region 7 (Illinois, Indiana, Michigan and Ohio)
● Andrea Parquet-Taylor, News Director, WNCN(TV), Raleigh, N.C. — re-elected to two-year term for Region 8 (Kentucky, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee and West Virginia)
● Tim Scheld, News Director, WCBS(AM), New York — elected to two-year term for Region 11 (New Jersey, New York and Pennsylvania)
● Mark Kraham, News Director, WHAG(TV), Hagerstown, Md. — re-elected for Region 12 (Delaware, District of Columbia, Maryland and Virginia)
● Sean McGarvy, Managing Editor, WTTV(TV), Indianapolis — re-elected to two-year term as a director at-large
● Kimberly Wyatt, News Director, WEAR(TV), Pensacola, Fla. — elected to a two-year term as a director at-large