Bob Struble HD Radio proponents have long pushed for wider acceptance of the technology in the world of consumer electronics. Now Bob Struble, the head of iBiquity Digital, has a new platform from which to project his voice: the executive board of the Consumer Electronics Association.
According to RW sister publication TWICE, the Consumer Electronics Association announced the newly elected members of its 2014 executive board as well as its board of industry leaders. The executive board members were confirmed by a vote of CEA members at the CEA Industry Forum being held in Los Angeles.
The newly elected members are:
· Jim Bazet, chairman and CEO, Cobra Electronics;
· John Bosch, president and CEO, NXE;
· Joellyn Gray, director, marketing and imaging division, Fujifilm; and
· Robert Struble, president and CEO, iBiquity Digital Corp.
The new elected 2014 board of industry leaders are: · Eric Bodley, VP and general manager, PPC;
· Jay Buchanan, electronics division director/GMM, Nebraska Furniture Mart;
· Lee Cheng, chief legal officer; senior VP, corporate development; head of the office of the chairman; and corporate secretary, Newegg;
· Joe Clayton, president and CEO, Dish Network;
· Kristin Cook, managing director, BDS Marketing;
· David Hanchette, business development VP, Legrand;
· Craig Kornblau, president, Universal Studios Home Entertainment;
· Phil Molyneux, president and COO, Sony;
· Enrique Muyshondt, president, DesktopFab;
· Mike O’Neal, president, Linear;
· Luis Pineda, senior VP, Qualcomm;
· Jack Sheng, co-founder and CEO, eForCity;
· Eric Smith, chief technology officer and co-founder, Control4; and
· Skip West, president, MAXSA Innovations.