Personnel at Townsquare Media’s six stations in Flint, Mich., no doubt are breathing a (smoky) sigh of relief and assessing damage after this week’s fire.
The building that houses the six stations was running on a gas generator because of a power outage that hit Tuesday night; fire officials believe a gas leak caused a fire in the building early Wednesday morning.
WNEM.com quoted fire officials as saying no one was hurt in the blaze, which knocked out power for the stations — one AM and five FM — for several hours.
Aaron McEachern, chief engineer at Townsquare Media’s Flint cluster, told the Flint Journal the fire department “did a good job of dousing the fire and keeping the equipment dry.”
The stations resumed broadcasting with a new generator, according to the Flint Journal.