The Conclave has presented an annual lifetime achievement award to a radio industry personage since 1989.
Individuals who want to vote for a Rockwell Award nominee may do so at the Conclave website. Voting is open to the general public, one vote per person. Voting ends March 31, 2016, at 11:59 p.m.
The Rockwell Award honors those who have contributed to the industry as an inspirational leader, and a person of great accomplishment. The recipient has made lasting and significant contributions within radio, and also to the public radio serves.
The 2016 nominees are:
- Duke Wright, president/CEO, Midwest Communications
- John Gehron, chief operating officer, AccuRadio
- Beverlee Brannigan, VP of programming, E.W. Scripps
- Mike Kennedy, Steel City Radio/Kansas City
- Joe Schwartz, former president/CEO Cherry Creek Radio
Past recipients include former CBS Radio President/CEO Dan Mason, Jacobs Media President Fred Jacobs , Albright, O’Malley & Brenner President Jaye Albright, Hubbard Radio CEO Ginny Morris, as well as Vallie, Richards, Donovan Consulting and The National Talent System founder Dan Vallie (2015).
The award will be presented during The Conclave’s 41st anniversary celebration July 14–15, 2016 at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Minneapolis.