Who is doing innovative programming with a creative interactive component?
Here is a take with a U.K. slant. Radio “futurologist” James Cridland ventures an answer. His list:
1. Now Playing @6Music, BBC Radio 6 Music
2. BBC Radio 1’s homepage, BBC Radio 1
3. 102.3 Now! Radio, Edmonton, Canada
4. Geoff Lloyd’s Hometime Show, Absolute Radio
5. BBC World Have Your Say, BBC World Service Radio and BBC World News tv
Of his first choice, Cridland writes: “The brainchild of Somethin’Else, this was the first joint commission between BBC 6Music and BBC Audio & Music Interactive; and has been described as ‘music radio 2.0.’ It uses Twitter and Facebook, yes, but also Spotify and blogs, too, to curate and reflect music played by 6music’s audiences.”