The Society of Broadcast Engineers has announced the slate of candidates for its 2018 elections.
All four officer positions are up for grabs (but candidates are running unopposed for the one-year terms.)
However, SBE says additional candidates may be nominated; any eligible member proposed by at least ten members will be added to the ballot. Send nominations to national Secretary Wayne Pecena by July 6.
The Nominations Committee says the current officer candidates are:
- President: James Leifer, CPBE, Chapter 11 (Andover, Mass.)
- Vice President: RJ Russell, CPBE, Chapter 18 (Middletown, Del.)
- Secretary: Wayne Pecena, CPBE, 8-VSB, AMD, DRB, CBNE, Chapter 99 (College Station, Texas)
- Treasurer: Jim Bernier, CPBE, CBNE, Chapter 5 (Alpharetta, Ga,)
Additionally, six of the 12 seats on the board of directors are set to begin new two-year terms. Nine members are running, but only the top-six vote recipients will serve. The director candidates are:
- Stephen J. Brown, CPBE, CBNT, Chapter 80 (Appleton, Wis.)
- Roswell Clark, CPBE, CBNT, Chapter 39 (Clearwater, Fla.)
- Kirk Harnack, CBRE, CBNE, Chapter 103 (Nashville, Tenn.)
- Gary Kline, Chapter 5 (Atlanta)
- Vinny Lopez, CEV, CBNT, Chapter 22 (Syracuse, N.Y.)
- Thomas R. McGinley CPBE, AMD, CBNT, Chapter 16 (Missoula, Mont.)
- Jason Ornellas, CBRE, CRO, Chapter 43 (Sacramento, Calif.)
- Shane Toven, CBRE, CBNT, Chapter 48 (Laramie, Wyo.)
- Daniel N. Whealy, CBTE, Chapter 96 (Sumner, Iowa)
Elections will be held online July 20–Aug. 22. Members who have opted out of electronic voting or who have not provided a current email address will receive a paper ballot through the mail.