NEW YORK � Triton Digital has published their May 2017 Rankers, a listing of the top-performing digital audio stations and networks measured by Webcast Metrics, the streaming audio measurement service accredited by the Media Rating Council.
Rankers are distributed once a month and are divided into US, international and Latin American markets. Let�s take a look at some salient facts (pertaining to Triton�s clients only) along with the actual ranks:
- Total weekday listening remains steady at 5.34 million in the US
- Weekday listening shows highest peak at 2 p.m.
- Seattle/Tacoma shows the largest month over month increase, at 2.48%
- New York is flat, Houston/Galveston lost 5.16% month over month
- Year to year listening shows consistent growth. Total listening for all publishers showed gains when compared to May of 2016, with an 11.22% increase in Average Active Sessions in the Monday through Friday, 6 a.m. to 8 p.m. daypart
- For Pureplays (such as Pandora and Spotify) year to year growth in the same daypart was 14.33%
- For broadcasters, year to year comparisons show adecreasein listenership, in the same daypart, of 3.4%
Note that iHeartMedia Network includes all iHeartMedia owned streams and the streams related to network affiliations.��