The Telos Alliance®—leader in broadcast technology and parent company to Telos®, Omnia®, Axia®, 25-Seven®, Linear Acoustic®, and Minnetonka™—announced today that new Omnia.9 units are now shipping with a major update to the audio engine, making it sound better than ever. This update is also available as a software download (v3.18.99) for existing Omnia.9 users at no charge.
“When it comes to audio processing, Great Sound Matters Most, and the Omnia.9 is no exception. A year in the making, software v3.18.99 is the biggest sonic leap forward since the Omnia.9 was released! If you thought the 9 sounded amazing already, just wait until you hear the improvements to its audio engine,” says Omnia’s Geoff Steadman.
New Features Include:
- A major system rewrite to the audio engine, introducing a new, lower-latency clipper for both FM and AM
- A new, fully rewritten streaming engine now supports Shoutcast 2, FLAC and lossless streaming
- Integrated internal stream server
- Phase Correction with Mono Bass reduces multipath distortion
- Seamless preset switching, even between presets with major structural differences
- Optional µMPX Encoding. Omnia.9 is the first hardware processor to support this revolutionary codec. Full composite MPX over a 320kbps pipe
- Expanded SNMP features
- BS.412 MPX power limiter improved
- Shared processing path for AM+HD units (allowing them to share a watermark encoder)
- Improved internal performance (lower latency, monitoring, and RDS improvements)
- Enables Livewire+ AES67 for even more flexible I/O. Older Omnia.9 units require an MKII platform upgrade to enable Livewire+ AES67. Platform upgrades will be available by mid-July through Telos and authorized service centers
For a full list of changes and additions, check the v3.18.99 Release Notes. To download Omnia.9 v3.18.99, visit http://success.telosalliance.com/omnia-9-v3.18.99-software-update.
About The Telos Alliance
For three decades, the brands of the Telos Alliance have revolutionized radio and television by pioneering disruptive, cutting-edge audio technology with the goal of helping global networks and local stations produce better programming, improve audience engagement, and bolster ratings. The Telos Alliance is made up of six brands—Telos Systems, Omnia Audio, AxiaAudio, Linear Acoustic, 25-SevenSystems, and MinnetonkaAudio—that raise the bar for quality and innovation in the radio and television industries. Headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio, USA, with additional offices and dealers around the world, the Telos Alliance offers an industry-leading warranty and backs users’ critical on-air needs with worldwide 24/7 round-the-clock support for all customers. A complete list of dealers can be found at TelosAlliance.com/Dealers.