2010 Pick Hits Rules
Jun 1, 2010 12:00 AM
The Radio magazine Pick Hits are selected by following an established set of rules.
1. Products must be new and not shown at a previous NAB spring convention. In some cases, distinguishing a new product from a modified older one is difficult. For �Pick Hits� purposes, a new product is one with a new model number or designation. Software, firmware and operating system updates are eligible, but the new revision must carry an obvious designation (1.0 to 2.0 for example) and the feature set must provide clearly identifiable changes or updates.
2. Products must have some positive impact on the intended user”s everyday work. Judges search for equipment intended for use on a regular basis. Products should provide new solutions to common problems.
3. Products must offer substantial improvement over previous technology. Unique circuit architecture need not be included, but some new approach or application must be involved in the product”s design.
4. The price of the product must be within reach of its intended users. The judges seek products appropriate to a wide range of facilities.
5. The products must be available for purchase within the 2010 calendar year. Equipment must be on display on the show floor, currently (or imminently) in production, and some type of product literature must be available. Judges take the exhibitor’s word on availability dates. Products demonstrated in private showings do not qualify.
6. The Pick Hits Judges operate independently from one another and remain anonymous to everyone including other judges until the selection meeting. This ensures that the products chosen are truly representative of the industry, that the judges were not persuaded in any way, and that the entire selection process is as fair as possible. The judge’s identities are published in the June 2010 issue.
7. The editorial staff of Radio magazine serves only as a moderator during the final selection process and has no influence or decision in determining the winners.
The 15 top new products of the 2010 NAB Show as selected by the Pick Hits panel of radio engineers….
The Radio magazine Pick Hits are selected by a panel of radio broadcast engineers. Unlike other convention awards, we tell you who the judges are….