Fresh from the ether after Apple’s Tuesday press conference, Tim Davis of JacApps posted a helpful summary of developments in the latest generation of Apple mobile devices and technology.
- iOS5 will be available next Wednesday. (Davis has said this is “possibly one of the biggest changes to iPhones and other iOS devices since the advent of apps.”)
- iCloud launches the same day.
- iTunes Match service, which scans users’ music libraries to find songs it doesn’t offer, launches this month
- The new iPod Touch becomes available next Wednesday.
- The new iPhone 4s (rather than a speculated-about iPhone 5) will be available Oct. 14. It features a new CPU, dual-core graphics, faster handling of data, longer battery life and better antenna design. But… still no radio. Prices are $199 to $399, and the phone is available from Sprint as well as AT&T and Verizon.