The Society of Broadcast Engineers will hold its national meeting in Liverpool, N.Y., which is suburb of Syracuse, with events scheduled for Sept. 28 and 29.
Here is the schedule breakdown from SBE:
- The national SBE Certification Committee and the SBE Board of Directors meet on Sept. 28.
- The annual SBE Fellows Breakfast (invitation-only) and Annual Membership Meeting will be held Sept. 29.
- The SBE Annual Awards Reception and the SBE National Awards Dinner conclude the events on Sept. 29.
- A presentation of the society’s major awards will be made at the SBE Awards Dinner, including the Robert W. Flanders SBE Broadcast Engineer of the Year and James C. Wulliman SBE Educator of the Year, according to SBE.
- The keynote speaker at the dinner is media consultant Skip Pizzi, project manager for NextGen TV transition at WNET(TV), New York, according to the SBE press release.
- In addition, local chapters will be presented with awards recognizing achievement for Best Chapter Communications, Best Regional Educational Event, Greatest Member Growth and other categories. Winners of the local SBE Chapter Engineers of the Year will also be recognized.
- A live webcast of the Annual SBE Membership Meeting Sept. 29 begins at 4 p.m. ET/1 p.m. PT. To view it, go to the SBE website (sbe.org) and click on the webcast link. The SBE Membership Meeting provides an update on SBE activities and programs. It will also include the induction of the newly and re-elected officers and directors of the society.
- The SBE Annual Meeting will be held in conjunction with the SBE22 Broadcast and Technology Expo on Sept. 29. The expo includes a trade show exhibit hall and technical sessions. The Expo is hosted by the Ramada by Wyndham in Liverpool.
- SBE President Andrea Cummis, CBT, CTO, said: “I encourage all SBE members, but especially those in the New England area and Canada, to attend the SBE National Meeting. Chapter 22 has always produced a high-caliber event, and the SBE looks forward to returning to Syracuse and working with the Chapter to host the SBE national event.”