Audio-Technica has introduced the AT8175 Microphone Pop Filter, which, according to the company, is designed for up-close use to assist in reducing excessive pressures on the microphone’s element.
Per an Audio-Technica press release, the AT8175 is custom-designed to clip onto the front of A-T 20 Series side-address mics. “The AT8175 provides added protection against plosive consonants (such as “p’s” and “b’s,” etc.), without any compromise to the audio quality,” says the company.
The AT8175 is compatible with the following A-T 20 Series microphones:
- AT2020 Cardioid Condenser Microphone
- AT2020USB-X Cardioid Condenser USB Microphone
- AT2035 Cardioid Condenser Microphone
- AT2050 Multi-pattern Condenser Microphone
- AT2020USB+ Cardioid Condenser USB Microphone
The product measures 74 mm (2.9″) × 63 mm (2.5″) × 88 mm (3.5″) and has a weight of 31.1 g (1.1 oz). The pop filter is now available for $24 (USD).