SYDNEY and KIEV, Ukraine � The Australian Broadcasting Corporation is now broadcasting on DAB+ permanently in Canberra.� DAB+ coverage across the continent is show here: reception.abc.net.au.
From ABC�s article post �If you are due to buy a new radio or have bought a new model of car with a digital radio � here are some of the reasons you should consider moving from AM/FM and switching to DAB+:
- Better sound quality than traditional AM/FM�
- Easier to tune � no need to remember the call sign number � it's all tuned alphabetically by name of the station
- It's free to listen and you don't need the internet to tune in
- So many more choices � up to 30 additional stations than you can currently receive on AM/FM�
- Some devices allow pause and rewind � convenient for those times when the phone rings right when Richard Fidler is getting to the best bit.
- 36 models of car in Australia have the DAB+ option
- Your favorite ABC networks are all on DAB+: local ABC Radio, ABC RN, ABC NEWS, ABC Classic FM and triple j.�
WorldDAB is reporting� that this month the National Television and Radio Broadcasting Council of Ukraine is planning to announce a digital radio tender in Kiev for a pilot project during �2018-2019 with the license to be issued for seven years.
�An experiment with the introduction of digital radio in Kiev is the regulator�s response to the active development of the radio industry and, at the same time, the catastrophic lack of the radio frequency resource used for analog broadcasting. We have no other way than to give a chance to new technologies,� explained Ukraine Council Member Serhii Kostynskyi, quoted in the same article.
The newly created multiplex will include 14 radio stations, among which will be five nationwide radio stations and nine regional and local radio stations. Broadcasting, Radiocommunications & Television Concern will implement the pilot project as the telecommunication operator.