The Federal Communications Commission has published a list of a dozen radio stations in Connecticut and Massachusetts that are at risk of losing their licenses if they don’t hurry a renewal application to the FCC.
The stations are listed at the bottom of this story. Six of the 12 are LPFMs.
Dec. 1, 2021 was the deadline for broadcasters in New England to file for license renewal for terms expiring on April 1, 2022. Broadcasters in Maine, New Hampshire, Rhode Island and Vermont faced the same deadline but none made the list.
- WPRX(AM), Bristol — Nievezquez Productions
- WWBW(LP), Higganum — Connecticut River Educational Radio
- WCSE(LP), Ledyard — Calvary Chapel of Southeastern Connecticut
- WNLN(LP), Niantic — New Haven Educational Radio Corp.
- WWEB(FM), Wallingford — Choate Rosemary Hall Foundation
- WCFC(LP), Willimantic — Calvary Fellowship of Willimantic
- WJXP(FM), Fitchburg — Horizon Christian Fellowship
- WHHB(FM), Holliston — Holliston High School
- WREA(LP), Holyoke — Radio Redentor
- WYOB(LP), Oak Bluffs — M&M Community Development
- WMWM(FM), Salem — Salem State College Board of Trustees
- WYAJ(FM), Sudbury — Sudbury Valley Broadcasting Foundation