NewBay Media has made a call for entries for its first annual Technology Innovation Awards. The awards recognize “excellence in manufacturing of products to serve the TV, professional video and broadcast/online radio markets,” according to the release.
To be considered, the hardware, software or other products must be either new or have been upgraded since Jan.1, 2012.
Winners will be chosen by a panel of working professional engineers and managers in TV, pro video and radio. The awards will be administered by TV Technology, Digital Video, Creative Planet Network, Government Video, Video Edge, Radio World and Radio magazine.
Additionally, every product nominated will be featured in the special Technology Innovation Awards Program Guide, which will be delivered as a digital edition to subscribers in late September.
The nomination deadline is Aug. 23. The nomination form is here.
The categories are:
- Audio for Video
- Digital Content Management
- Cameras & Lenses
- Camera Support
- Editing & Graphics
- Encoding/Signal Processing
- Test & Measurement
- Transmission (microwave, bonded cellular, RF)
- Video Monitors
- Problem Solvers & Widgets
- Field Codecs/Remote Gear
- Radio Transmitters
- On-Air Processing, Delays, Timeshifting
- Microphones & Headphones
- Mobile Apps for Radio Technology
- Consoles, Mixers & Routers
- Audio Transport/STL: Codecs, Telco, Internet, Satellite
- Studio Furnishings, Design & Acoustics
- Media Asset Management: Automation, Scheduling, Billing
- Signal Monitoring, Remote Control & Test
- Internet Products & Services for Radio
- Antennas, Power Protection & Transmission Support