- July 27, 2018 — GatesAir, a global leader in wireless, over-the-air content delivery solutions for radio and TV broadcasters, announces a substantial FM radio win in Bulgaria.
- BTV has purchased GatesAir Flexiva FAX 10kW transmitters for eight high-power FM Radio sites throughNew Tek, GatesAir’s local channel partner. The transmitters will be delivered in redundant N+1configurations for maximum uptime; and include Direct Drive designs to simplify RF designs and enhance overall efficiency.
- Deliveries will take place across three phases. The first delivery, anticipated in the next several months, will cover the two main network sites.
- GatesAir won the contract due to the exceptional reliability and performance of its Maxiva DVB-T and DVB-T2 transmitters in operation at BTV television facilities. Low power consumption and reduced operational costs associated with GatesAir transmitters were cited as key factors in the decision.
- BTV expects to continue building out its FM Radio network with GatesAir Flexiva transmitters as new sites are added.
For further information, contact Rich Redmond, President and Managing Director, International at [email protected]
GatesAir, Inc. provides complete solutions for over-the-air radio and television broadcasting, leveraging wireless spectrum to maximize performance for multichannel, mission-critical services. Powering over-the-air networks worldwide with unparalleled reliability for nearly 100 years, GatesAir’s turnkey solutions enable broadcasters to create, transport and transmit radio and TV content. With customers in more than 185 countries, the company leads the industry in innovation and design breakthroughs, improving efficiency and reducing total cost of ownership. Visit www.gatesair.comfor more information, Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/gatesair, and follow us on Twitter at @GatesAir.
About The Gores Group
The Gores Group, founded in 1987 by Alec Gores, is a global investment firm focused on acquiring controlling interests in mature and growing businesses which can benefit from the firm’s operating experience and flexible capital base. The firm combines the operational expertise and detailed due diligence capabilities of a strategic buyer with the seasoned M&A team of a traditional financial buyer. Over its 30-year history, The Gores Group has become a leading investor having demonstrated a reliable track record of creating value in its portfolio companies alongside management. Headquartered in Los Angeles, The Gores Group maintains offices in Boulder, CO, and London. For more information, please visit http://www.gores.com.