The new president of the Society of Broadcast Engineers will be Raymond C. Benedict, CPBE. He was unopposed.
He is director of Spectrum Management for Viacom Inc. in Washington. The incoming president has served the society as VP, secretary and member of the board. He won the post in an election that was completed with vote tallies on Sept. 11. His term is for one year; he replaces outgoing president Troy Pennington.
New officers and directors will assume office in October during the SBE Annual Membership Meeting in Madison, Wis.
Also running unopposed and elected for one-year terms:
– Vice President: Samuel E. Garfield, CPBE CBNT, Vice President, Dilicast, LLC/Technical Broadcast Consultants
– Secretary: Ralph Hogan, CPBE CBNT, Assistant General Manager-Engineering Services: Northwest Public Radio and Television and Washington Higher Education Telecommunications System
– Treasurer: Robert J. Russell, CSTE CBNT, Operations & Engineering Manager, KYMA(TV), Yuma, Ariz.
Elected to two-year terms on the national board, from a slate of 11 candidates, were:
– Andrea Cummis, CBT, Senior Vice President, Engineering & Operations, Oxygen Media, New York, N.Y.
– Dane E. Ericksen, P.E., CSRTE, Senior Engineer, Hammett & Edison Inc., Consulting Engineers, San Francisco, Calif.
– Clay Freinwald, CPBE, Senior Facilities Engineer, Entercom, Seattle, Wash.
– David Hultsman, CSRE, Broadcast Channel Manager, Continental Electronics Corp., Birmingham, Ala.
– Mark S. Olkowski, CPBE, Engineering Manager, Infinity Broadcasting, New York, N.Y.
– Henry B. Ruhwiedel, CPBE, Chief Engineer, WYIN TV, Gary, IN/Chicago, Ill.
They join six members of the board who now begin the second year of their two-year terms.