Catholic Awards Seek ‘Uplifting’ Programming
The deadline for submittals in the annual Gabriel Awards is April 5.
The awards are sponsored by the Catholic Academy for Communication Arts Professionals. they honor works of excellence in film and broadcast programs, features and spots that positively serve viewers and listeners. The Academy cites “the ability to uplift and nourish the human spirit” as the most important criterion.
Radio categories recognize outstanding achievement in:
* Entertainment/Arts programs
* Short feature programs
* Religious programs
* News and informational programs
* Reporting and coverage of single news story
* Community Awareness and PSAs
* Total programming and community service
The Gabriel Awards also feature Spanish-language categories for radio and television.
Entries must be received by April 5 at 4 p.m.