The Library of American Broadcasting Foundation recently honored 10 members of the media industry at the 16th Annual Giants of Broadcasting and Electronic Arts awards ceremony.
The awards were presented during a luncheon emceed by ABC News “Nightline” co-anchor Juju Chang with a guest appearance by Kelly Ripa. This event was produced by the International Radio and Television Society Foundation.
The LABF, a charity dedicated to preserving the past, reflecting the present and informing the future, created the Giants of Broadcasting event to honor creators, innovators, leaders, performers and journalists.
Proceeds from the luncheon support the work of the Library of American Broadcasting Foundation.
The 2018 Giants of Broadcasting and Electronic Arts honorees are:
- Bill Abbott, president and CEO, Crown Media Family Networks
- Jack Abernethy, CEO, Fox Television Stations
- Ed Asner, actor
- Elizabeth Murphy Burns, owner and president, Morgan Murphy Media
- John David, senior advisor, National Association of Broadcasters
- Dave Lougee, president and CEO, Tegna
- Ryan Seacrest, TV/Radio host and producer, Disney-ABC, iHeartMedia, NBCUniversal
- Bill Whitaker, correspondent, “60 Minutes,” CBS News
- Paula Zahn, producer/host, “On the Case with Paula Zahn,” Investigation Discovery
- Commander Eugene F. McDonald Jr., founder, Zenith Radio Corp.