The Radio Television Digital News Foundation has announced the recipients of its scholarships and fellowships.
“These outstanding recipients are great examples of how your donations to RTDNF make a difference,” said RTDNF Executive Director Mike Cavender.
Scholarship and fellowship winners will be honored March 11, at RTDNF’s First Amendment Awards ceremony in Washington, and will be invited to the Excellence in Journalism 2015 conference, Sept. 18–20, in Orlando, Fla.
Here are this year’s recipients.
● Ed Bradley Scholarship: Aaron Maybin, Marquette University
● Presidents Scholarship: Brooke Sassman, Rutgers University
● Presidents Scholarship: Brett Hall, University of Maryland
● N.S. Bienstock Fellowship:Angela Chen, KTRK(TV), Houston
● Lou and Carole Prato Sports Reporting Scholarship: Alan Miller, Brigham Young University
● Carole Simpson Scholarship: Nathalie Dortonne, University of Florida
● Mike Reynolds Scholarship: Jennifer Tintner, University of Florida
● Michele Clark Fellowship: Crystal Clark, WTOL(TV), Toledo, Ohio
● George Foreman Tribute to Lyndon B. Johnson Scholarship: Alexandra Wilkins, University of Texas-Austin
● Abe Schechter Graduate Scholarship: Emily Gibson, University of California, Berkeley Graduate School of Journalism
● Pete Wilson Undergraduate Scholarship: Kevin Hume, University of California, Berkeley Graduate School of Journalism
● Jacque I. Minnotte Health Reporting Fellowship: Erika Beras, WESA(FM), Pittsburgh
RTDNF is a 501 (c) 3 educational foundation associated with the RTDNA. The foundation provides scholarships and fellowships to aspiring and early-career electronic journalists.